For many businesses, the Christmas season is their busiest of the year. The Christmas season is an excellent opportunity for companies of all sizes to boost sales and make up for losses from the rest of the year. However, it is helpful to know the history of christmas stockings in bulk as well as when it is appropriate to recruit additional staff.
The National Retail Federation’s numbers highlight the significance of the holiday shopping season. The following are some of them:
- November and December account for 20% to 40% of yearly revenues for small and medium-sized retail firms.
- The 2017 holiday season had a total of $687.87 billion in sales, an increase of 5.3% over the 2016 season.
- Consumers, according to surveys, plan to spend an average of $1,007.24 on Christmas purchases this year.
- Students enrolled in an online MBA program will have a new appreciation for the winter holidays. This is crucial for anybody seeking a career in retail, particularly in a medium- or small-sized establishment. It was with working adults in mind that Point Park University created its online program.
- Professionals in the field teach MBA classes, so students learn skills they can use to tackle real-world issues.
Advice about getting ready for the holidays
Many businesses thrive or fail during the holiday shopping season. Please consider the following advice.
Put in an early hire for seasonal help.
If you anticipate a high volume of customers during the Christmas shopping season from online wholesale, now is the time to begin recruiting, hiring, and training extra staff. It would help if you had a team of well-trained individuals to assist your full-timers in meeting consumer demands before the Christmas rush begins.
Festive decorations should be created.
A gift-buying attitude may be induced in clients with an eye-catching window display or in-store display. They have the power to get people in the holiday spirit and are eager to spread that joy by giving thoughtful presents.
Give Something to Your Clients.
This is a great approach to encourage visitors to visit your shop. Give them something for nothing this holiday season, whether it’s present wrapping, shipping, delivery, gift cards, or a deep discount.
Filler Items for Christmas Stockings.
christmas stockings in bulk stuffers continue to be a popular method to give presents, particularly to younger people or college students experiencing life away from home for the first time. Advertising-these items might be another avenue for sales. The latter may be compared to a holiday-themed care package.
Christmas stockings have been a tradition from the very origins of the festival when St. Nicholas was said to have thrown gold into stockings hanging over the fireplace to dry. Presenting a large number of inexpensive tokens of appreciation is becoming the norm. Most people who buy these items do it on the spur of the moment, and making it easy for them to do so is crucial.
That includes upselling pricey things that may be neglected and putting Christmas stocking stuffers close to the point of purchase. Retailers may also group similar products into bundles by online wholesale.
Utilize Online Social Networking
To succeed in today’s business environment, your marketing efforts must meet consumers where they “live” (online). You’ll need to develop a marketing strategy incorporating mediums like Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Incorporating these into a company’s holiday retail strategy may significantly improve the shopping season. That’s because it’s only one of the numerous fields of study that an MBA may help you excel.